Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Art of Imagination... taking a step away from general advertising

I found this new Web site the other day, Abduzedo, and I just needed to share it with you. It's a site dedicated to design and art direction. There are so many different topics, forums, blogs, and ideas being thrown around- I get blown away every time I visit the site and I leave with a smile on my face or a new design idea to tackle. 

Yesterday the site posted a "daily inspiration" entitled Awesome Colorful Oil Paintings. Of course I think they could have chosen a more fitting title for the post, but that's a different story. The paintings featured are from Sebastien Feraut, or Niark1, who instantly reminded me of one of my favorite artists, Jacek Yerka. Jacek is very Dali-esque in style [yes, I just made up my own word :) ]. His paintings are imaginative and fun, like windows into his mind through the different worlds he creates. I remember finding some of his peices years back (in my Polish Sci-Fi and Fantasy film class) and searching through his Web site hungry to see and find more. I could stare at one of his pieces for hours, picking out new discoveries time and time again... 

Anyway, so this artist, Sebastien, holds to the same reality-warping mentality. He uses an intense primary color theme with notes of secondary colors thrown in to explode his images. He depicts crazy cat-like creatures with multiple eyes and his painting's literally gaze back. They are intense and new age and full of emotion.


Check him out.


Till Next Time,


The New Ad Grad

No comments:

Post a Comment